The fourth match of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 was played between South Africa and Sari Lanka on October 7, 2023, at the Arun Jaitley stadium, Delhi India. The match began at 8:30 AM IST.
Sri Lanka won the toss and elected to bowl in the 4th match of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 against South Africa in Delhi, India on October 7, 2023.
South Africa’s batting performance in the ICC Cricket World Cup 2023
|Temba Bavuma||22||3||0||c Pathum Nissanka b Wanindu Hasaranga|
|Quinton de Kock||100||11||2||c Dasun Shanaka b Lahiru Kumara|
|Rassie van der Dussen||108||9||2||c Charith Asalanka b Dushmantha Chameera|
|Aiden Markram||106||10||4||c & b Chameera|
|Heinrich Klaasen||32||3||2||c Dhananjaya de Silva b Chameera|
|David Miller||36||4||1||not out|
Fall of wickets
The fall of wickets for South Africa in the ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 match against Sri Lanka on October 7, 2023 was as follows:
|1.4||Temba Bavuma (c)||22||Pathum Nissanka||Wanindu Hasaranga|
|17.3||Quinton de Kock||100||Dasun Shanaka||Lahiru Kumara|
|29.5||Rassie van der Dussen||108||Charith Asalanka||Dushmantha Chameera|
|42.1||Aiden Markram||106||c & b||Dushmantha Chameera|
|49.4||Heinrich Klaasen||32||Dhananjaya de Silva||Dushmantha Chameera|
Sri Lanka’s batting performance in the ICC Cricket World Cup 2023
|Pathum Nissanka||0||0||0||b Andile Phehlukwayo|
|Kusal Mendis||76||10||1||b Marco Jansen|
|Charith Asalanka||79||9||1||lbw Marco Jansen|
|Dasun Shanaka||68||6||2||c Wayne Parnell b Tabraiz Shamsi|
|Dhananjaya de Silva||25||3||1||b Tabraiz Shamsi|
|Wanindu Hasaranga||24||2||2||b Tabraiz Shamsi|
|Lahiru Kumara||14||2||0||b Kagiso Rabada|
|Dushmantha Chameera||11||1||1||c Lungi Ngidi b Kagiso Rabada|
|Kasun Rajitha||5||1||0||c Lungi Ngidi b Kagiso Rabada|
|Mahesh Theekshana||2||0||0||b Wayne Parnell|
Fall of wickets
|0.1||Pathum Nissanka||0||c Aiden Markram||Andile Phehlukwayo|
|19.5||Kusal Mendis||76||Marco Jansen||Marco Jansen|
lbw Marco Jansen
|30.4||Dasun Shanaka||68||c Wayne Parnell b Tabraiz Shamsi||Wayne Parnell|
|33.3||Dhananjaya de Silva|
b Tabraiz Shamsi
b Tabraiz Shamsi
|40.1||Lahiru Kumara||14||b Kagiso Rabada||Kagiso Rabada|
|11||c Lungi Ngidi b Kagiso Rabada|
c Lungi Ngidi b Kagiso Rabada
b Wayne Parnell
South Africa: Total runs: 428/5, Overs: 50, Runs rate: 9.65
Sri Lanka: Total runs: 326, Overs: 44.4, Runs rate: 7.32
South Africa Bowling:
South Africa’s bowling attack has been one of the most impressive in the ICC Cricket World Cup 2023. They have taken 40 wickets in 5 matches, averaging 22.47 runs per wicket. Their economy rate of 5.12 runs per over is also excellent.
South Africa’s bowling attack is well-balanced, with a mix of pace, spin, and experience. Kagiso Rabada is their leading wicket-taker with 10 wickets, while Tabraiz Shamsi and Marco Jansen have 9 wickets each. Wayne Parnell and Lungi Ngidi have also been impressive, with 8 wickets each.
Here are some of the key factors that have contributed to South Africa’s bowling brilliance:
- Variety: South Africa’s bowling attack offers a lot of variety to the opposition batsmen. They have pace bowlers who can swing and bowl bouncers, as well as spinners who can bowl different variations. This makes it difficult for the batsmen to settle down and score runs.
- Accuracy: South Africa’s bowlers have been very accurate with their deliveries. They have been able to hit the right lines and lengths consistently, which has made it difficult for the batsmen to score runs.
- Discipline: South Africa’s bowlers have been very disciplined in their bowling. They have not bowled any loose deliveries, and they have been able to maintain their line and length throughout the innings.
- Teamwork: South Africa’s bowlers have worked well together as a team. They have been able to support each other and pick up each other’s wickets. This has made them a very formidable bowling unit.
Sri Lanka Bowling
Sri Lanka’s bowling attack has not been as impressive as South Africa’s in the ICC Cricket World Cup 2023. They have taken 32 wickets in 5 matches, averaging 29.69 runs per wicket. Their economy rate of 5.55 runs per over is also not as good as South Africa’s.
However, there have been some bright spots in Sri Lanka’s bowling attack. Wanindu Hasaranga has been their leading wicket-taker with 11 wickets, while Dushmantha Chameera has 9 wickets. Lahiru Kumara and Kasun Rajitha have also been impressive, with 6 wickets each.
Here is a closer look at Sri Lanka’s bowling attack:
- Wanindu Hasaranga: Hasaranga is a leg-spinner who is known for his variety and accuracy. He has been very effective in the World Cup, taking wickets against left-handed and right-handed batsmen.
- Dushmantha Chameera: Chameera is a right-arm fast bowler who is known for his pace and bounce. He has been very effective in the World Cup, taking wickets against top-order and middle-order batsmen.
- Lahiru Kumara: Kumara is a right-arm fast bowler known for his swing and accuracy. He has been very effective in the World Cup, taking wickets in the middle overs.
- Kasun Rajitha: Rajitha is a right-arm fast bowler who is known for his pace and bounce. He has been very effective in the World Cup, taking wickets in the death overs.
Men of the Match
Aiden Markram was the man of the match in the ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 match between South Africa and Sri Lanka. He scored a brilliant 106 runs off just 49 balls, which helped South Africa to post a mammoth total of 428/5.
Markram’s innings were the fastest century in World Cup history, and it was a key factor in South Africa’s victory. In addition to his batting heroics, Markram also took a wicket with the ball. He bowled Sri Lankan captain Dasun Shanaka for 68, which was a crucial wicket for South Africa.
Markram’s outstanding all-round performance made him the easy choice for the Man of the Match award. He is a very talented young cricketer, and he is one of the key players for South Africa in the World Cup.