In the heart of Kolkata, India, the prestigious Eden Gardens stadium stood as the stage for a clash of cricketing titans on November 5, 2023. The occasion was the much-awaited ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 match between India and South Africa, two teams with rich cricketing legacies and a passionate fan base.
In a crucial decision that would shape the course of the match, Indian captain Rohit Sharma emerged victorious at the toss, electing to bat first against South Africa in the ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 encounter at Eden Gardens.
India Batting Performance
Yet to bat
Jasprit Bumrah · Kuldeep Yadav · Mohammed Shami · Mohammed Siraj
Fall of Wickets
62/1 (R. Sharma, 5.5 ov) · 93/2 (S. Gill, 10.3 ov) · 227/3 (S. Iyer, 36.5 ov) · 249/4 (KL Rahul, 42.1 ov) · 285/5 (S. Yadav, 45.6 ov)
South Africa Batting Performance
Fall of Wickets
6/1 (Q. de Kock, 1.4 ov) · 22/2 (T. Bavuma, 8.3 ov) · 35/3 (A. Markram, 9.5 ov) · 40/4 (H. Klaasen, 12.5 ov) · 40/5 (R. van der Dussen, 13.1 ov) · 59/6 (D. Miller, 16.3 ov) · 67/7 (K. Maharaj, 18.4 ov) · 79/8 (M. Jansen, 25.4 ov) · 79/9 (K. Rabada, 26.2 ov) · 83/10 (L. Ngidi, 27.1 ov)
India Bowling Performance
Here is the bowling scorecard for the Indian cricket team:
- Jasprit Bumrah bowled 5 overs, gave away 14 runs, and took 0 wickets with an economy rate of 2.80.
- Mohammed Siraj bowled 4 overs, gave away 11 runs, and took 1 wicket with an economy rate of 2.75.
- Ravindra Jadeja bowled 9 overs, gave away 33 runs, and took 5 wickets with an economy rate of 3.67.
- Mohammed Shami bowled 4 overs, gave away 18 runs, and took 2 wickets with an economy rate of 4.50.
- Kuldeep Yadav bowled 5.1 overs, gave away 7 runs, and took 2 wickets with an economy rate of 1.35.
South Africa Bowling Performance
Here is the bowling scorecard for the South African cricket team:
- Lungi Ngidi bowled 8.2 overs, gave away 63 runs, and took 1 wicket with an economy rate of 7.56.
- Marco Jansen bowled 9.4 overs, gave away 94 runs, and took 1 wicket with an economy rate of 9.72.
- Kagiso Rabada bowled 10 overs, gave away 48 runs, and took 1 wicket with an economy rate of 4.80.
- Keshav Maharaj bowled 10 overs, gave away 30 runs, and took 1 wicket with an economy rate of 3.00.
- Tabraiz Shamsi bowled 10 overs, gave away 72 runs, and took 1 wicket with an economy rate of 7.20.
- Aiden Markram bowled 2 overs, gave away 17 runs, and took 0 wickets with an economy rate of 8.50.
Man of match
In the pulsating encounter between India and South Africa at the ICC Cricket World Cup 2023, Virat Kohli, the maestro of Indian cricket, rose to the occasion, claiming the coveted ‘Man of the Match’ title. His unbeaten 101 runs, a masterpiece of timing and composure, served as the bedrock of India’s commanding victory. Kohli’s innings, a testament to his world-class talent and unwavering resolve, will forever be etched in the hearts of cricket enthusiasts worldwide.
The ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 clash between India and South Africa concluded with India emerging victorious by a commanding 243 runs, showcasing their all-round dominance
India’s bowling attack, led by the exceptional Ravindra Jadeja, dismantled South Africa’s chase with ruthless efficiency. Jadeja, the master of spin, claimed a remarkable five-wicket haul for 33 runs in nine overs, leaving the South African batters bewildered and unable to cope with his deceptive variations. Mohammed Shami and Kuldeep Yadav chipped in with two wickets apiece, while Mohammed Siraj also added a wicket to his tally.
India’s emphatic victory extended their unbeaten streak in the tournament to eight matches and cemented their position as table-toppers. Their all-round brilliance served as a resounding statement of their intent as they continue their quest for the coveted Cricket World Cup title.